AROHEAD - FITNESS BLOG

AROHEAD - FITNESS BLOG
PIMPRI, PUNE 411018

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Million Dollar Baby & Why I love boxing!


The techniques and training that are undertaken for boxing can provide everyone with some amount of education, especially in the area of fitness and diet. Irrespective of the fact that skipping is considered to be for girls it is a standard routine that is followed by all boxers. It is an essential part of the training that goes into boxing. Another aspect of the boxing fitness regime is running. Running on the road provides stamina and builds endurance. In the gym, they concentrate of various equipments like speed ball and the heavy bag. The speed ball is used to practice quick response and the heavy ball is used for power training.


Following the exercise and diet regime that the boxers have to maintain can ensure that you remain fit and healthy. To inspire you, you should consider buying boxing gloves, a heavy bag and speed balls, although we have all these at the gym :)




Boxing, from the boxer's perspective, has nothing to do with "punching each other in the face for entertainment." Boxing for a boxer is the ultimate form of Man Vs Nature. Not only his environment, generally from poverty and worse. Not only his opponent, also dedicated to overcoming pain while remaining technically proficient in the ring. But also overcoming the boxer's own weaknesses, his own scars mental and physical, his own endurance issues.
People who can't see the beauty in boxing probably haven't been backed into a corner they couldn't get out of. That's just my belief. These men become something both more and less than human in order to grab something in this life. 


Some of my favorite quotes from Million Dollar Baby:

Mo cuishle means my darling. My blood."


"I'm 32, Mr. Dunn, and I'm here celebrating the fact that I spent another year scraping dishes and waitressing which is what I've been doing since 13, and according to you, I'll be 37 before I can even throw a decent punch, which I have to admit, after working on this speed bag for a month, may be the God's simple truth. Other truth is, my brother's in prison, my sister cheats on welfare by pretending one of her babies is still alive, my daddy's dead, and my momma weighs 312lbs. If I was thinking straight, I'd go back home, find a used trailer, buy a deep fryer and some oreos. Problem is, this the only thing I ever felt good doing. If I'm too old for this, then I got nothing. That enough truth to suit you? "




"To make a fighter you gotta strip them down to bare wood: you can't just tell 'em to forget everything you know if you gotta make 'em forget even their bones... make 'em so tired they only listen to you, only hear your voice, only do what you say and nothing else... show 'em how to keep their balance and take it away from the other guy... how to generate momentum off their right toe and how to flex your knees when you fire a jab... how to fight backin' up so that the other guy doesn't want to come after you. Then you gotta show 'em all over again. Over and over and over... till they think they're born that way. "



1 comment:

  1. There will be many ways to watch this amazing coming up fight night like live in person, bar, friend’s house. A very popular and easy way too it all go down on September 14th is via theMayweather vs Alvarez | Floyd Mayweather Jr vs Saul Canelo Alvarez which is available to anyone who has a computer and internet connection. So do not forget, we are assuring you the best live stream ever.

    ReplyDelete