AROHEAD - FITNESS BLOG

AROHEAD - FITNESS BLOG
PIMPRI, PUNE 411018

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Fitness Goal Setting for 6 months - how to start and how to get there

Having a plan that you can work too helps you get the goal that you desire.
1.Setting goals that are easy to achieve might not be such a good idea. Set goals that inspire you.
2.Set specific rather than vague goals. e.g. "I want to lose weight this summer" might not be as good as " I want my waist to go down to 30" this summer"
3.Having set goals that inspire you, also make sure that they can be accomodated into your routine lifestyle and are practical as well. It might not be a good idea on chasing meaningless goals all day and neglecting your daily life.
4.Be realistic as well : If you are planning to lose 10 kgs in a month---good luck! Not going to happen.And if it does it is not very good for your either.
5. You can ask yourself a set of questions that will help you clearly define the goals that you are looking to achieve and also help you assess how you are going to get there.
  a. What do I want my body to look like in 6 months time?
  b. How should I exercise this month?
  c. How will exercise fit into my busy schedule?
  d. What would it be like once I have achieved my goals?
  e. How should I eat this month?
 Once you have answered these kind of questions you can make a plan  that covers :
 A. What is it that you are trying to achieve over a 6 month period.
 B. How would you know you have met those targets [ Specific goal setting]
 C. What would you be doing this month?[ Update every month]
 D. What would you be doing this week?[Update every week]

Personally I have some specific goals that I am trying to achieve this year:
1. Do good quality body-building
2. Practice and perfect some good lifting techniques like cleans, C and Js, snatch etc.
3. Build good levels of strength
4. Specific : Deadlift 200kgs[currently 150kgsx2], squat 200 kgs[ currently 130kgsx3]bench 180kgs[currently 130kgs]
5. Bring body fat percentage below 10% and maintain those levels
6. Get 6 pack abs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment